(Last updated June 2017)
The mission of the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs is to promote scholarly activity among the
faculty and students of Abilene Christian University, particularly inquiry informed by a Christian perspective.
The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) exists to support a culture of intellectual curiosity
and scholarly activity on the ACU campus. The ORSP encourages and supports scholarship by providing
internal research funding through competitive Math/Science Grants and similar Cullen Grants designed to help
faculty members launch research projects. Moreover, the ORSP aids faculty and staff in applying for external
funding by subscribing to grant databases and providing technical help with grant applications.
The ORSP serves as the clearinghouse for all academic and student services externally funded projects (grants,
contracts or cooperative agreements), whether or not they relate to research. The office also monitors areas of
regulatory compliance through avenues such as convening the Internal Review Board for human subjects and
animal research and providing a process for reporting research misconduct.
- ORSP Handbook
- Appendix A: External Funding Approval
- Appendix B: LOI Submission
- Appendix C: COI Disclosure
- Appendix D: Cost Allowability
- Appendix E: Expense Documentation Template
- Appendix F: Pre-Award Request
- Appendix G: Vendor Selection
- Appendix H-1: ACU Consulting Agreement
- Appendix H-2: Services Contract
- Appendix H-3: Speaker Agreement Form
- Appendix I: COI in Procurement
- Appendix J-1: Capital Asset Memo
- Appendix J-2: Equipment Agreement
- Appendix K: NSF FLY American
- Appendix L: Extra Service Pay Approval
- Appendix M: Grant Overtime Pre-Approval
- Appendix N: Time and Effort Certification
- Appendix O: Undergraduate Research Intern Agreement
- Appendix P: Internship Payment
- Appendix Q: Trainee RCR Plan
- Appendix R: Close Out Form
- Appendix S-1: Intellectual Property Agreement
- Appendix S-2: Intellectual Property Disclosure
- Appendix T: Gift Card Cash Certification
- Appendix U: Gift Card Pre-Approval Form
- Gift vs Sponsored Project Checklist
- Food Allowability on Federal Awards
Department of Energy Interim Conflict of Interest Policy
The Department of Energy implemented an interim conflict of interest (COI) policy on December 20, 2021.
This policy harmonizes with the existing ACU COI policy, mandating investigators to disclose financial
interests at the proposal stage, annually, and within 30 days of obtaining a new significant financial interest.
The DOE interim policy further mandates investigators to undergo COI training before participating in
projects tied to any DOE financial assistance award and at least once every four years.
NSF Anti-Harassment: Reporting of Harassment and Sexual Assault
In 2018, NSF announced new Terms and Conditions (Article X) related to anti-harassment and required
reporting of certain actions related to harassment and sexual assault. These new terms were applied to all
awards beginning after October 22, 2018.
Here is ACU’s NSF-specific reporting sexual harassment policy.