The mission of Abilene Christian University is to educate students for Christian service and leadership throughout the world. We achieve our mission through exemplary teaching, offered by an innovative and caring community of Christian scholars, that inspires a commitment to lifelong learning; significant research, grounded in the university’s disciplinary strengths, that informs and impacts issues of global importance to the academy, church, and society; and meaningful service as a divine calling that enriches our global society, academic disciplines, the university, and the church to God’s glory.
Areas of Strategic Focus
- Elevate ACU’s national brand.
- Provide a vibrant student experience that strengthens ACU’s commitment to spiritual formation and leverages ACU’s national leadership in student success.
- Promote an internal culture that celebrates every individual as created uniquely in God’s image.
- Provide a nationally competitive, Christ-centered athletics program that extends the university’s brand and propels ACU’s mission.
- Strengthen ACU’s financial foundation to aggressively pursue strategic opportunities.
- Develop ACU’s campuses through enhancements that will support our strategic objectives, facilitate growth and provide long-term stewardship of physical assets.