Areas of Strategic Focus
- Elevate ACU’s national brand.
- Provide a vibrant student experience that strengthens ACU’s commitment to spiritual formation and leverages ACU’s national leadership in student success.
- Promote an internal culture that celebrates every individual as created uniquely in God’s image.
- Provide a nationally competitive, Christ-centered athletics program that extends the university’s brand and propels ACU’s mission.
- Strengthen ACU’s financial foundation to aggressively pursue strategic opportunities.
- Develop ACU’s campuses through enhancements that will support our strategic objectives, facilitate growth and provide long-term stewardship of physical assets.
ACU is a vibrant, innovative, Christ-centered community that engages students in authentic spiritual and intellectual growth, equipping them to make a real difference in the world.
Abilene Christian University’s vision lays out our path as a premier university for Christ-centered, global leaders. Built upon rigorous academics and leadership development, we are preparing talented students to become Christ’s “salt and light” in the world by:
- Producing leaders who think critically, globally and missionally.
- Building distinctive and innovative programs.
- Delivering a unique, Christ-centered experience that draws students into community.
- Expanding the university’s Christian influence and educational reach nationally and internationally.
Our Enduring Core Values
As unknowns surround us in a rapidly-changing world, ACU turns to the foundational values that shape who we are and what we do as an institution and community. Our distinctive worldview is affirmed through:
Rigorous critical thinking and academic exploration shape our calling to teach, research and mentor.
Missional living and spiritual formation are centered in our campus culture.
Fortified and nurtured relationships become deep bonds between students, faculty, staff and alumni.
Members of our community from all ethnic, racial and gender backgrounds are created and beloved in God’s image.
Evidence-based decisions undergird our commitment to economic, high-quality programs.