F-1 Students Transferring to ACU
- If you are currently in good immigration status, request the international advisor (the DSO) at your current school to transfer your SEVIS record to ACU after your semester there has finished. Present your ACU acceptance letter. ACU’s School code is: This can be scheduled ahead of time in SEVIS for a future date.
- If you are not in good immigration status, please note that ACU does not accept terminated or canceled SEVIS records. If this applies to you, please contact the ACU OISVS to plan your next steps.
- Please note: Any off-campus work authorization is canceled by a transfer to a new school.
- For your ACU I-20, the Office of International Students and Visiting Scholars (OISVS) requires a copy of all your current I-20’s, your I-94, passport, bank statements, financial agreement forms from you and your sponsor/family and a copy of your F-1 visa.
- Be sure to report to the OISVS within 15 days of the program start date and enroll in a full load of classes.
- After you have enrolled in classes and reported to our office with your documents, you will be issued an I-20 showing that your transfer is complete. Students who have not enrolled and reported to the OISVS within 15 days of the beginning of the semester will be considered out of status and will not be able to maintain their immigration status.
F-1 Students Transferring from ACU
- Notify Wildcat Central that you will be transferring away from ACU and complete their form. Pay all remaining balances on your student account.
- Submit the following documents to the OISVS:
- The acceptance letter from the new school
- The SEVIS School Code from the new school at the location you will attend
- The date on which you wish your SEVIS record to be transferred there
- Register for a full load of classes at your new school, and report to the new school’s international office within 15 days of the beginning of the semester with your documents.