The MFI welcomes clients who are diverse in race, age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, relationship status, gender identity, socioeconomic status, disability, health status, religion and spiritual beliefs, national origin and immigration status.
The clinic staff is composed of master’s level graduate students enrolled in ACU’s Marriage and Family Therapy program. The trainees are under the supervision of a licensed therapist and all clients have the benefit of the expertise and experience of the clinical faculty.
- Couples Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Individual Therapy
- Discernment Counseling
- Premarital and enrichment counseling
- Animal Assisted Therapy
- Spanish Language Therapy
- Play Therapy
- Anger Management
- Court Mandated Services
- Gottman Assessment
- Communication and conflict
- Blended families
- Depression, anxiety, and other mental health issues
- Addiction and recovery
- Sexual issues
- Gender Issues
Hours of Operation
Monday | 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Tuesday | 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Wednesday | 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Thursday | 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Friday | 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
$7 to $30 per hour (Costs are established on a sliding scale based on household income.)
$7 for students and all ACU employees
We accept payment in the form of cash, check or credit card. We do not accept insurance.
Schedule a Visit
The clinic staff will ask for basic information which will be used to assign you a counseling intern and determine your availability.
The MFI respectfully asks you to reschedule or cancel appointments within 24 hours of your appointment.
Phone (325) 674-3724
Phone (325) 674-3724
1850 Teague Blvd.
Abilene, TX 79601
ACU BOX 29444
Abilene, TX 79699-9444
- Enter campus through the main entrance off of Judge Ely.
- Take the first right and park in the lot on the left near the Recreation Center.
- Walk toward the large triangular tower then walk past the tower another 30 feet.
- On your left will be a bike rack and two sets of double doors leading to the Onstead-Packer Biblical Studies building.
- Enter the building and go up the stairs (or the elevator is to your left).
The Marriage and Family Institute is at the top on the stairs to the left.