Are you interested in vocal performance?
At ACU, we are here for you on your journey to success, and it starts with answering your questions. Let us connect you with the information you need to navigate your next steps.
Complete the form to learn more about earning a degree in vocal performance.
B.M. in Vocal Performance
These are the important details you will need to keep in mind as you prepare your application and degree plan.
University Hours: 56
Major Hours: 65
Total Required: 128 credit hours
- Advanced Theory: Sight Singing and Ear Training
- Music in World Cultures
- Music Literature and History
- Concepts of Vocal Performance
No, ACU does not offer a minor in this study. You can explore all of the minors available at the button below.
Early Application Deadline
Consider the wide range of exciting careers available with a bachelor’s in vocal performance.
Church music director
See more below!
Learning from the Best
As you hone your talent both in and out of the classroom, you’ll be guided by experienced Christian faculty with years of practical and professional experience. Our faculty have performed, taught and presented research all over the world. They are active members of the Texas Music Educators Association, in addition to a variety of both state and national music organizations.
Here are some hands-on learning and performance experiences you can enjoy while earning your music degree:
- Study Abroad program in Leipzig, Germany
- Prestigious guest artist concerts and master classes
- Tours with student ensembles
- Attendance at conferences such as TMEA, NATS, CBDNA and NCUR
- Service opportunities such as The Disney Outreach Show, Christmas for Kids and Brown Bag Concerts for children in the community
The Williams Performing Arts Center provides music and theatre students an exceptional venue for academic study, artistic growth and performance. The center includes:
- A 282-seat Recital Hall acoustically “tuneable” to accommodate the performing artist(s) and number of patrons
- Large instrument and choral rehearsal halls
- A computer lab featuring Macs, PCs and 16 digital pianos
- 44 acoustically treated practice rooms and faculty studios
- The 325-seat Lewis and Jerry Fulks Theatre, a thrust-stage facility designed to the Theatre Department’s specifications with the help of acoustical and theatre consultants
- The Clara and James Culp Theatre, a multi-form facility designed to allow multiple stage/audience configurations
- A box ofﬁce, courtyard and sculpture garden.
A bachelor’s degree in music offers a wide range of exciting careers, including:
- K-12 music teacher
- Band, orchestra or choir director
- Vocal coach
- Studio musician
- Private lesson teacher
- Church music director