Create Your Own Degree Program
You’re unique, from your background to your goals. ACU welcomes your individuality with our online BS in Integrated Studies program, while our vibrant, virtual Christian community helps foster your success as you start or complete your undergraduate degree.
Our Locked-In Tuition program guarantees you’ll pay the same price for your entire undergraduate degree.
About the Program
Customize your degree plan to best fit your career aspirations and needs. The online Bachelor of Science in Integrated Studies lets you focus on two fields over 64 credit hours and takes an interdisciplinary approach to practical and professional problems.
This program culminates in a capstone project. You’ll tie together your studies through integrative thinking while reflecting on and articulating your vocational priorities and life goals.
All the Details on Your Degree
Develop a sense of self that integrates your personal strengths with vocational and social priorities. Additionally, you can utilize your previous academic work to build a reputable and respected bachelor’s degree. Learn more about the structure for the online BS in Integrated Studies, including select fields and courses.
Total: 120 hours
University Requirements: 56 hours
Major: 64 hours (up to 25 hours in electives)
Introduction to Critical Thinking
Integrated Studies Capstone
Upcoming Start Dates
May 2, 2023
June 27, 2023
What to Expect
You have dreams, but sometimes, you’re unsure of your purpose or how your interests translate to a career. ACU gears the online Bachelor’s in Integrated Studies to determined, adventurous individuals seeking to build off their existing knowledge and professional experience to reach their full potential. You’re motivated, strive to uncover your vocation, and seek challenges that allow you to grow intellectually and spiritually.
In the online Bachelor’s in Integrated Studies, you direct the scope and trajectory of your degree with certain parameters in mind. ACU encourages you to customize your coursework to your aspirations, needs, and current or future career:
- You’ll complete the majority of your major by blending two subject areas: These range from the liberal arts and social sciences to business and technology and are based on ACU’s existing undergraduate degree offerings.
- You’ll earn a minimum of 15 credit hours in each subject area: These can be completed through fully online courses and/or transferring credits from your previous studies. The program’s core portion involves 36 credit hours.
- You can explore further with electives: 25 credit hours of electives build off the program’s core areas.
- You’ll broaden your skills with general education and university requirements: These courses — whether taken through ACU or from your transferred credits — emphasize in-demand job skills, no matter where you see yourself. Refine your critical thinking, written, and oral communications through subjects covering Christian theories, composition and rhetoric, literature and writing, and the natural sciences.
Why embark on a more customized educational endeavor with an online Bachelor’s in Integrated Studies?
- Develop an individualized, streamlined, and non-traditional plan of study that maximizes your experience to get you closer to receiving a bachelor’s degree.
- Devise a degree specifically suited to who you are — your interests, your professional experience, your educational and career objectives, and your vocation.
- Gain the competencies employers in all industries seek, including strong communication, research, critical-thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Cultivate your interests from a multifaceted liberal arts foundation while challenging yourself, finding answers to complex questions, and deepening your faith in a supportive environment.
- Utilize your previously earned college credits to fulfill general education and major requirements to reach your goal at your pace.
Meet the Program Director
Dr. Scott Self, Program Director, Bachelor of Science in Integrated Studies
Dr. Scott Self is the Assistant Provost for Academic Initiatives and Innovation and program director for integrated studies at ACU Online. He also serves as the program director for the Pre-Nursing Track. Most recently, he was an assistant professor in the School of Educational Leadership. Prior to that, he held the roles of director of university access programs and university disability compliance officer on ACU’s main campus. He earned his Ph.D. at Texas Tech University in Higher Education Research. His research and passion centers upon issues of college access for historically marginalized populations, and how specific policies or practices in higher education affect those students.
Student Spotlight: Elijah Rodriguez
At the end of 2019, Elijah Rodriguez didn’t know where his life was taking him. His plans for his education and future career had fallen apart, and then a global pandemic hit. Read how finishing his degree at ACU Online enabled Elijah to discover his new calling and change the trajectory of his life for the better.
Student Spotlight: Kimberly Fancher
After starting a family, cultivating a successful career, and writing a book, Kimberly Fancher asked herself, “what’s next?” – a question that would later lead her to pursue an undergraduate degree with ACU Online. Check out our blog to hear more of Kimberly’s story and how ACU Online made it possible for her to balance work, life and school in order to live out what she calls, a purpose-filled life.
It’s Possible: How to Balance Work, Life, and Online School
Heading back to school? Even with online school, you will need a work-life balance. Here are some tips on how balancing life and online classes can work.
Defining Meaningful Work: What Does it Mean and How is it Valuable?
Do you want to come home from work each day feeling fulfilled? Meaningful careers may be what you seek. Learn more here.
5 Time Management Tips for Online Students
Having difficulty managing your time as an online student? Here are some strategies that will help you increase productivity both in your personal and professional life.
Student Spotlight: Gretchen Ware
For Gretchen Ware, finishing school wasn’t an “if,” but a “when.” And 35 years after starting her journey as a Wildcat, she accomplished just that. Have you been thinking about going back to school or starting your journey in higher education? Check out Gretchen’s story to learn how ACU Online might benefit you.
Employers increasingly expect workers to have a bachelor’s degree to enter an industry or advance to a more specialized role. Supporting this, research from the Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates that workers with more education are less likely to be unemployed and earn higher weekly wages.
The online BS in Integrated Studies delivers a three-fold advantage. Your resume now displays this crucial credential, your skills are tailored to your desired field and career path, and you’re equipped to apply to a multitude of graduate and professional programs, should you decide to continue your education.
Individuals who pursue the Integrated Studies major tend to start careers in:
- human resources;
- information technology;
To be considered for admission, students must:
- Submit official high school and/or college transcripts.
- Complete the online program application accompanied by a non-refundable processing fee.
Students are not required to submit ACT or SAT test scores.
Graduation Requirements: Students must earn a 2.0 GPA or higher to meet graduation requirements and complete at least 33 advanced hours.
Abilene Christian University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Ga. 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of ACU.
Abilene Christian University enjoys a strong national reputation as one of the leading private Christian universities in the west and southwest, indicated by various ratings (such as U.S. News and World Report and other reports).