Create Your Own Degree Program
You’re unique, from your background to your goals. ACU welcomes your individuality with our online BS in Integrated Studies program, while our vibrant, virtual Christian community helps foster your success as you start or complete your undergraduate degree.
Our Locked-In Tuition program guarantees you’ll pay the same price for your entire undergraduate degree.
About the Program
Customize your degree plan to best fit your career aspirations and needs. The online Bachelor of Science in Integrated Studies lets you focus on two fields over 64 credit hours and takes an interdisciplinary approach to practical and professional problems.
This program culminates in a capstone project. You’ll tie together your studies through integrative thinking while reflecting on and articulating your vocational priorities and life goals.
All the Details on Your Degree
Develop a sense of self that integrates your personal strengths with vocational and social priorities. Additionally, you can utilize your previous academic work to build a reputable and respected bachelor’s degree. Learn more about the structure for the online BS in Integrated Studies, including select fields and courses.
Total: 120 hours
University Requirements: 56 hours (including 9-15 hours in Bible)
Major: 64 hours (up to 25 hours in electives)
Introduction to Critical Thinking
Integrated Studies Capstone
Upcoming Start Dates
April 30, 2024
June 25, 2024
What to Expect
You have dreams, but sometimes, you’re unsure of your purpose or how your interests translate to a career. ACU gears the online Bachelor’s in Integrated Studies to determined, adventurous individuals seeking to build off their existing knowledge and professional experience to reach their full potential. You’re motivated, strive to uncover your vocation, and seek challenges that allow you to grow intellectually and spiritually.
In the online Bachelor’s in Integrated Studies, you direct the scope and trajectory of your degree with certain parameters in mind. ACU encourages you to customize your coursework to your aspirations, needs, and current or future career:
- You’ll complete the majority of your major by blending two subject areas: These range from the liberal arts and social sciences to business and technology and are based on ACU’s existing undergraduate degree offerings.
- You’ll earn a minimum of 15 credit hours in each subject area: These can be completed through fully online courses and/or transferring credits from your previous studies. The program’s core portion involves 36 credit hours.
- You can explore further with electives: 25 credit hours of electives build off the program’s core areas.
- You’ll broaden your skills with general education and university requirements: These courses — whether taken through ACU or from your transferred credits — emphasize in-demand job skills, no matter where you see yourself. Refine your critical thinking, written, and oral communications through subjects covering Christian theories, composition and rhetoric, literature and writing, and the natural sciences.
Why embark on a more customized educational endeavor with an online Bachelor’s in Integrated Studies?
- Develop an individualized, streamlined, and non-traditional plan of study that maximizes your experience to get you closer to receiving a bachelor’s degree.
- Devise a degree specifically suited to who you are — your interests, your professional experience, your educational and career objectives, and your vocation.
- Gain the competencies employers in all industries seek, including strong communication, research, critical-thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Cultivate your interests from a multifaceted liberal arts foundation while challenging yourself, finding answers to complex questions, and deepening your faith in a supportive environment.
- Utilize your previously earned college credits to fulfill general education and major requirements to reach your goal at your pace.
Meet the Program Director
Brandy Chalmers, Program Director, Bachelor of Science in Integrated Studies
Brandy Chalmers is an assistant professor and the program director for the online Bachelor of Integrated Studies and Bachelor of Science in Child & Family Services at ACU. Brandy received her bachelor’s degree in Psychology and master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at Hardin-Simmons University. She additionally has a master’s degree in Human Services from Liberty University. Brandy is currently a student at Liberty University in their doctoral program in Counseling Community Care.
Brandy is an independently Licensed Professional Counselor and Registered Play Therapist and maintains a part-time private practice where she works with individuals, couples, and families through their mental wellness journey. Brandy loves the accessibility that teaching online provides students and she is continually looking to improve the experience for the online student.
Read more about Brandy’s story here!
Why Should You Get a B.S. in Integrated Studies?
Picking one area of study can be challenging, especially if you have multiple interests and passions. Luckily, with ACU Online’s B.S. in Integrated Studies, you can develop your own degree plan based on your interests and career goals. Isn’t it time you explore your potential?
Student Spotlight: Kimberly Fancher
After starting a family, cultivating a successful career, and writing a book, Kimberly Fancher asked herself, “what’s next?” – a question that would later lead her to pursue an undergraduate degree with ACU Online. Check out our blog to hear more of Kimberly’s story and how ACU Online made it possible for her to balance work, life and school in order to live out what she calls, a purpose-filled life.
It’s Possible: How to Balance Work, Life, and Online School
Heading back to school? Even with online school, you will need a work-life balance. Here are some tips on how balancing life and online classes can work.
5 Time Management Tips for Online Students
Having difficulty managing your time as an online student? Here are some strategies that will help you increase productivity both in your personal and professional life.
Student Spotlight: Gretchen Ware
For Gretchen Ware, finishing school wasn’t an “if,” but a “when.” And 35 years after starting her journey as a Wildcat, she accomplished just that. Have you been thinking about going back to school or starting your journey in higher education? Check out Gretchen’s story to learn how ACU Online might benefit you.