Are you ready for the challenge?
ACU’s M.S.S.W. program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and is ranked the 3rd best value Christian College, CSWE accredited Social Work program.
The mission of the ACU’s Master of Science in Social Work program is to prepare students for professional leadership and ethical advanced generalist social work practice with an evidence-based emphasis. To further this mission, students will effectively address the biological, psychological, sociological and spiritual dimensions of human well-being and promote diversity, equity, inclusion and justice across system levels in domestic and international community contexts.
Master of Science in Social Work - Advanced Standing
Program length: 12 months
Credit hours: 38
Current tuition per credit hour: $1,242
Advanced Evidence-Based Practice Interventions II
Advanced Social Work Field Practicum II
Management and Funding for Nonprofit Organizations
Leading and Managing Change in Nonprofit Organizations
School of Social Work
Summer Priority Review: February 16 (Preferred consideration for Graduate Assistantships, Scholarships, and Field Placements)
Summer Standard Review May 1 (deadline may extend if space is available)
Spring – Please contact the Office of Graduate Programs (firstname.lastname@example.org or 325-674-2656)
First-Hand Field Experience
At ACU, our Master’s in Social Work curriculum gives students field placement opportunities specifically designed to fit their interests, outside commitments, and future career goals.
Make a difference
In cooperation with the Graduate School of Theology, the School of Social Work has developed plans whereby students can pursue the M.S. in Social Work degree concurrently with the Master of Arts in Christian Ministry degree.
Hannah Sims, a graduate of the MSSW program, created a video series to inspire viewers to become foster parents.
- Complete the online application;
- Pay the $65 application fee;
- An official transcript(s) in English (or translated to English) of all previous colleges attended. The transcript must indicate an earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university or equivalent;
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale; If undergraduate GPA is below 3.0, the GRE or MAT entrance exam is required. Our GRE code is 6001;
- Two letters of recommendation (may be submitted through the online application); For Advanced Standing applicants, one letter of recommendation must be from a former social work professor;
- A personal statement addressing your motivation for graduate studies and entering the social work profession, including reflections on the four themes of the ACU School of Social Work- evidence-based practice, God’s gift of diversity, faith and social work, and social justice;
- A writing sample in the form of a formal graded senior level assignment of at least five pages from the student’s undergraduate work (or acceptable alternative);
- A “field practicum assessment” must be submitted by students who have graduated from a CSWE accredited BSW/BSSW program and are applying to advanced standing status (1 year program);
- Advanced-standing program eligibility includes a completed Bachelor of Science in Social Work or Bachelor of Social Work from a Council on Social Work Education-accredited program within the past five years; cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in B.S.S.W. or B.S.W. course work; and acceptable field practicum evaluation. Applicants who completed the BSW more than five years ago are eligible for Advanced Standing if they are employed in the field of social services.
Various forms of financial aid are available to assist you with funding your education. Learn more about these opportunities and visit our Graduate Financial Aid page to apply for scholarships and graduate assistantships.