M.A. in Global Service
Our innovative residential or online global service degree includes on campus residencies, web-based course work mixed with face-to-face learning that creates an incredibly flexible educational experience.
Are you ready to be a part of a program that prepares you for Christian service and leadership in a global world? Apply now or contact us today to learn more.
Download the program brochure for more information about the program format, degree plan, accreditation and distinctives that set ACU’s Master of Arts in Global Service program apart. See also this information about Graduate School of Theology affordability and scholarships.
We understand the cost of graduate school can be overwhelming, which is why ACU offers a variety of financial assistance to qualifying students. Learn more about this new scholarship and other financial aid options at the button below.
What To Expect
These are the important details you will need to keep in mind as you prepare your application and degree plan.
Program Length: 2 years
Credit Hours: 48
2023/2024 Tuition per credit Hour: $779
Supervised Research in Missions
Witness in Global Contexts
Leadership in Intercultural Contexts
Spring & Summer (Summer II) – Please contact the Office of Graduate Programs (firstname.lastname@example.org or 325-674-2656)
Frequently Asked Questions
- A completed application and application fee;
- An official transcript of all previous colleges attended. The transcript must indicate an earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university or equivalent.
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale;
- Two letters of recommendation (may be submitted through the online application);
- A reflective essay (purpose statement) 3-5 pages typed, double-spaced (see guidelines here),
- Complete an academic writing assessment
See the full ACU online graduate catalog, including admission requirements here. For a comprehensive list of admission requirements for your global mission service degree program, please contact a Graduate Advisor.
What outcomes can you expect from a multicultural ministry program?
Theologically Formed: Graduates will integrate the biblical, historical, and theological perspectives foundational for contemporary Christian practice.
- Interprets Scripture and tradition in ways that inform understanding of the theological dimensions of contemporary experience.
- Interprets and inhabits the major theological structures, content, and procedures of the Christian tradition.
- Practices theology appropriately in contemporary cultural contexts.
Missiologically Adept: Graduates will demonstrate an understanding of the mission of God and their place within that mission as both individuals and members of the global Church.
- Narrates and appropriately analyses the church’s history of working within the mission of God.
- Demonstrates familiarity with current missiological and global-service challenges and issues.
- Equips and leads the church in contemporary cultural contexts for missional purposes.
- Integrates theology, history, anthropology, and methodology in missional practices such as planting and nurturing responsible, reproducing churches.
Interculturally Competent: Graduates will be able to live, work, and communicate appropriately in a variety of cultural contexts.
- Interprets contemporary contexts in light of the Christian faith.
- Demonstrates the skills and commitments necessary for spiritual maturity as a Christian leader in multicultural settings