OUR MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
TRIO SSS at Abilene Christian University provides opportunities for academic development and exposes Scholars to retention-based resource as they pursue a Bachelor’s degree. We honor the overall mission of TRIO SSS programs across the country — to retain and graduate the scholars we serve.
TRIO Student Support Services is committed to the success of students who are first-generation, income eligible and/or students with disabilities. Our mission is to empower you to:
- Develop positive skills, knowledge and attributes needed to complete a Bachelor’s degree;
- Achieve your potential for academic success and career readiness; and
- Graduate as a well-rounded, skilled and self-actualized professional ready to lead and serve in global society.
We provide exclusive services to 140 scholars each year, supporting their efforts toward academic success and graduation:
- 73% of participants will progress from one academic year to the beginning of the next or will have earned a Bachelor’s degree at ACU.
- 75% of participants will maintain good academic standing at ACU.
- 42% of new participants served each year will graduate from ACU with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent within six years.
This grant has been 100% federally funded by the United States Department of Education to serve 140 students annually in the amount of $261,088 per year for a period of five years.