Colton Rosseau (’19) | Kinesiology

Enlarge

Colton-Rosseau

Colton Rosseau, a junior kinesiology major from Abilene, Texas

When a new class of freshmen and transfer students began their ACU journeys this fall, Colton Rosseau was ready.
The junior kinesiology major from Abilene, Texas, is a member of the student servant-leadership group Lynay. As the group’s new members introduced themselves in Fall 2017, Colton made sure to let them know they had a friend in him: “If you ever need to talk, know we are here for you,” he told them.
He likes to see people succeed, and he already knows he wants to pass along his gifts for encouraging others by working as a high school track coach and teacher.
“I like working with kids and I like to see progress,” Colton said. “I like to help them get to a new level – that’s a lot of fun.”
Colton was on the receiving end of that type of training when he ran track in high school. Now at ACU, he said he is motivated by the encouragement he encounters not only from faculty and staff but from the Christ-centered environment.
“I love that the Lord’s name is lifted up in this place,” he said. “I wanted to go to school where I wasn’t going to be in the minority for being a Christian. That’s my favorite thing about ACU. My second-favorite thing would be the relationships I’ve built.”
From his peers in Lynay to his friends in the men’s social club Gamma Sigma Phi, Colton has a strong support network, he said. That’s why he likes to in turn focus on supporting others.
Growing up in an ACU family – his parents and older sister are alumni – meant attending ACU always was on the table. Scholarships are what made it possible, however, and he’s thankful for the opportunity to be here and grow.
“College is a time where you can have a lot of uncertainty about what you want to do, and why you’re here,” he said. “Having people that are constantly supporting you and encouraging, it makes a difference. Now, I’m preparing how to be that difference for the next generation.”