This highly competitive grant is designed to fund an investigator:
- For 2 years | Total amount $20,000 ($10,000 each fiscal year)
- In the conduct of studies aimed at providing preliminary data for an external funding application.
- For hiring a Proposal Developer
- to assist the investigator in identifying target funders
- to assist the investigator in preparing, and submitting the application.
- Total funds for the Developer | $3,000 ($1500/yr)
This calculates to approximately 40 total hours of work at $75/hour.
Investigators should submit a preliminary budget proposal with their application that explains and justifies the proposed costs. The source of external funding must exceed the amount of the internal award (i.e., greater than $20,000) and must allow for the collection of indirect costs at the maximal allowable rate.
Applications for this internal grant will be due the third Monday of October, allowing faculty to use potential Cullen or Math/Science-supported work toward their application. Awards will be announced in November, with sufficient time for those not receiving an award to prepare an application for other internal grant mechanisms in January. The awarded project period will then begin the following fiscal year, June 1.
- Make sure you are signed into your Banner Account
- Click “Submit Application” which will open the Cayuse platform*
- Find “Sponsored Projects”
- Select “Start New Proposal”
- Select “Internal Funding Proposal”
*Cayuse can also be found under Quick Links in Banner