About the P-Card Program
Welcome to Abilene Christian University’s Purchasing Card program. We hope you find this website useful for all your p-card needs. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call any of the administrators.
The purchasing card provides a faster, more cost-effective method for making purchases on behalf of ACU. Contrary to the traditional request for payment or purchase order, cardholders do not have to be burdened by placing orders, waiting on the invoice, and check payment cycles. ACU’s p-card is a MasterCard credit card from JPMorgan Chase and can be used at accepting merchants for making direct allowable purchases.
The p-card is a privilege granted to faculty and staff, which must be used in a responsible and appropriate manner. Fraudulent misuse of the card or policy disobedience will result in card suspension, financial restitution, and/or other disciplinary actions set forth under university policy.
The Latest P-Card Training
15th day of the month: Cardholders are required to submit monthly CBS expense reports in Concur by 5 p.m. on the 15th day of the month. If the 15th day of the month is on a weekend or holiday, CBS expense reports should be submitted in Concur on the following business day. Please note that expense reallocations and receipt uploads can be performed at any time throughout the month. In order to ease the burden of reallocating all charges by the reporting due date, we suggest reallocating expenses in Concur as the transactions post throughout the month.
P-Card transactions will post to the general ledger after the CBS p-card monthly expense report is submitted and approved in Concur.
Subscribe to our Accounting and P-Card Calendar to add accounting and p-card deadlines to your ACU calendar.
- Cardholders have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure the proper and secure use of the p-card and respect the card as if it were their own.
- The cardholder may initiate transactions on behalf of others in his/her department; however, the cardholder is responsible for all use of his/her card.
- Ensure that sufficient budget funds exist for making purchases and only use FOAP numbers the cardholder is authorized for.
- Know and follow the p-card policy as well as any other applicable university policies.
- On a monthly basis each cardholder or department responsible individual should complete the following processes:
- Reallocate p-card transactions throughout the month to the appropriate FOAPA in Concur Expense
- Provide a valid business purpose for each expense
- Upload receipts that correspond with posted p-card transactions in the applicable monthly Concur CBS report
- Submit monthly CBS expense reports in Concur Expense by the 15th day of the month following posted card transactions
Receipts and Documentation
It is recommended that a receipt be obtained for all transactions. For all lodging, air travel, rental car, other travel expenses, and meal expenses, an itemized receipt must be obtained regardless of the amount. For other purchases not related to travel or meals, an itemized receipt is required for transactions totaling $25 or more. If the amount of the transaction is below $75 and documentation of the purchase cannot be obtained from the vendor, fill out a Missing Receipt Statement in its entirety and put the statement in the receipt’s place in the monthly expense report. If the amount of the transaction is $75 or more, vendor documentation must be provided or cardholder reimbursement will be required.
A receipt can be one of the following:
- Sales receipt
- Email confirmation
All receipts must provide the following information:
- Vendor name
- Date of purchase
- Items purchased
- Unit cost
- Total cost