Readmission packets must be received in the Office of the Registrar by the dates below in order to be considered for readmission for the terms indicated.
|Readmission for this Term:||Deadline for all readmission documents:|
|Fall 2021||Tuesday, July 20, 2021 at 8:00 a.m.|
|Spring 2022||Tuesday, November 16, 2022 at 8:00 a.m.|
|Summer 2022||Tuesday, April 5, 2022 at 8:00 a.m.|
|Fall 2022||Tuesday, July 19, 2022 at 8:00 a.m.|
Who must apply for readmission?
- All students who leave the university for more than one long semester must apply for readmission. In general, students who left ACU in good standing, both academically and behaviorally, will be readmitted.
- All students who leave the university on academic probation or suspension or with disciplinary concerns must apply for readmission.
The readmission packet includes these documents:
- The completed Application for Readmission form.
- A statement clarifying your academic history and explaining your purpose for readmission.
The statement must be specific and should include the following:
- Your educational goals and expected graduation date;
- The reason you wish to return to ACU;
- What you’ve done while you’ve been away from ACU (attended another university, worked full time, etc);
- An explanation of how you plan to achieve academic success if readmitted to ACU. This plan should be developed in conjunction with your program director;
- If applicable, the circumstances that led to your poor performance in the semester(s) you attended ACU.
- If you have taken classes at another institution while away from ACU, Official transcript(s) from each school attended while away from ACU are due by the deadline for documents.
Submitting the readmission packet:
- The completed Application for Readmission form, statement of educational goals and readmission plan may be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 325-674-2238 or mailed to Registrar, ACU Box 29141, Abilene, TX 79699. Application deadlines will be enforced.
- If applicable, official transcripts must be received by the application deadline directly from the issuing institution digitally or in a sealed envelope.
- The relevant Program Director and College Dean will review all Applications for Readmission submitted by the deadline and applicants will be notified of the decision within two weeks of the deadline above via their ACU email address. This decision is final and may not be appealed.