Main Content

Emergency Help and Medical Treatment

If you or someone you know has been a victim of sexual assault or other misconduct and are in need of immediate help, please contact one of the following. Police can help with transportation to the hospital for sexual assault exams, connecting a person to other resources, and help in obtaining a restraining order, and can also assist you in filing criminal charges.

Abilene Christian University Police Department
1634 Campus Court

Abilene Police Department

Hendrick Medical Center / SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) Program
Go to the Emergency Room at Hendrick Medical Center (1900 Pine Street, 325-670-2151) and ask to see a nurse.

Regional Victims Crisis Center
325-677-7895 (24 Hour Crisis Hotline)

Regardless of whether an incident of sexual misconduct is reported to the police or the university, ACU strongly encourages individuals who have experienced sexual misconduct to go to Hendrick Medical Center both to obtain medical treatment and to preserve evidence to the greatest extent possible, as this will best maintain all legal options for them in the future. Additionally, such evidence may be helpful in pursuing a complaint with ACU. While the university does not conduct forensic tests for parties involved in a complaint of sexual misconduct, the results of such tests that have been conducted by law enforcement agencies and medical assistance providers may be considered as evidence in a university investigation or proceeding, provided they are available at the time of the investigation or proceeding.