Abilene Christian University has been awarded Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF) through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act, the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations (CRRSA) Act, and the American Rescue Plan (ARP). The HEERF funds have been awarded to help students dealing with financial hardships caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. These funds are available to help with any component of the student’s cost of attendance, including tuition, food, housing, healthcare and childcare.
Any student who was enrolled in an ACU residential program on or after March 13, 2020 is now eligible to receive a portion of the HEERF funds available. However, according to the federal regulations regarding the grants, priority will be given to the students who fall within the following categories:
- Exceptional Need
- Domestic Students
- Undergraduate Student
All funds related to the CARES Act and the CRRSA Act have been awarded. For more information related to the remaining HEERF funds, please visit the Department of Education’s American Rescue Plan pages.
Higher Education Emergency Relief Reports (Student Funds)
- CARES Act Student Fund Report 5/20/20
- CARES Act Student Fund Report 6/30/20
- CARES Act Student Fund Report 8/20/20
- CARES Act Student Fund Report 10/5/20
- CARES Act Student Fund Report 3/31/21
- HEERF Student Fund Quarterly Report 6/30/21
- HEERF Student Fund Quarterly Report 9/30/21
- HEERF Student Fund Quarterly Report 12/31/21
- HEERF Student Fund Quarterly Report 3/31/22