Are you interested in vocal education?
At ACU, we are here for you on your journey to success, and it starts with answering your questions. Let us connect you with the information you need to navigate your next steps.
Complete the form to learn more about earning a degree in music and becoming certified to teach vocal music at all levels.
B.M. in Vocal Education with Teacher Certification
These are the important details you will need to keep in mind as you prepare your application and degree plan.
University Hours: 56
Major Hours: 25
Vocal Concentration: 39
Total Required: 128 credit hours*
- Advanced Theory: Sight Singing and Ear Training
- Music Pedagogy
- Instrumental concepts
View the catalog for a complete listing of courses.
No, ACU does not offer a minor in this study but does offer a minor in related areas of study.
You can learn more about this minor by viewing the catalog or explore all of the minors available at the button below.
Early Application Deadline
Learning from the Best
As you hone your talent both in and out of the classroom, you’ll be guided by experienced Christian faculty with years of practical and professional experience. Our faculty have performed, taught and presented research all over the world. They are active members of the Texas Music Educators Association, in addition to a variety of both state and national music organizations.
Here are some hands-on learning and performance experiences you can enjoy while earning your music degree:
- Study Abroad program in Leipzig, Germany
- Prestigious guest artist concerts and master classes
- Tours with student ensembles
- Attendance at conferences such as TMEA, NATS, CBDNA and NCUR
- Service opportunities such as The Disney Outreach Show, Christmas for Kids and Brown Bag Concerts for children in the community
The Williams Performing Arts Center provides music and theatre students an exceptional venue for academic study, artistic growth and performance. The center includes:
- A 282-seat Recital Hall acoustically “tuneable” to accommodate the performing artist(s) and number of patrons
- Large instrument and choral rehearsal halls
- 44 acoustically treated practice rooms and faculty studios
- The 325-seat Lewis and Jerry Fulks Theatre, a thrust-stage facility designed to the Theatre Department’s specifications with the help of acoustical and theatre consultants
- A piano lab featuring 16 digital pianos
In addition to being certified to teach in public and private schools, a bachelor’s degree in music offers a wide range of exciting careers, including:
- Band, orchestra or choir director
- Vocal coach
- Studio musician
- Private lesson teacher
- Church music director