Grow Your IT, Cybersecurity, and Leadership Skills
You’ve never coasted, so dedicate yourself to a new endeavor that positions you as a team leader and industry authority. As you learn about cybersecurity, database management, and higher-level systems administration topics, our vibrant, virtual Christ-centered community welcomes your drive and passion.
Our Locked-In Tuition program guarantees you’ll pay the same price for your entire graduate degree.
About the Program
With five courses in cybersecurity, our online Master of Science in Information Technology (MSIT) is designed around this central pillar and provides instruction that runs parallel to professional certifications. Our MSIT courses are industry aligned, equip students to sit for widely recognized certification exams, and connect current information technology trends with organizational behavior, project management, and other essential business concepts.
All the Details on Your Degree
ACU designed the online MSIT for the working IT professional who holds an undergraduate degree in a related field. Non-IT working professionals and career changers are welcome to enroll but must complete prerequisite coursework in programming, databases, networking, and statistics. Subjects touch on advanced database management, data analytics, information systems, network administration, and cybersecurity, in addition to leadership and business concepts through an IT lens.
Earn a certificate while completing your master’s degree.
While enrolled in our Master of Science in Information Technology program, you will also earn a graduate-level Certificate in Cybersecurity. Earn this valuable credential as you progress through your degree at no additional cost.
24 months minimum
Strategic IT Leadership
Technical Project Management
Enterprise Architectures and Systems
System Certification & Accreditation
Upcoming Start Dates
January 9, 2024
April 30, 2024
COMMON JOB TITLES
Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Computer Systems Analyst
What to Expect
IT professionals know that learning never stops. As trends shift, you read up on and implement the latest network and security standards, familiarize yourself with new programming languages, and continue to uncover technology’s myriad of applications.
The online Master’s in Information Technology reflects your unrelenting quest for knowledge, with coursework crafted around industry standards and certifications. The curriculum focuses on current developments, cybersecurity, and business applications of information technology:
- Prepare to fight the growing number of cyber attacks that compromise both business data and customer information and can result in significant financial losses.
- Stay ahead in your field through courses covering risk management, cybersecurity, data analytics, and systems administration, as well as industry compliance standards.
- Get ready to step up in your field with a credential that can take you from a support or specialist position to a leadership or management role involving additional responsibilities.
- Understand what goes into proposing, implementing, and overseeing information technology projects at the organizational level.
- Start to think of information technology as the backbone of every business — particularly for protecting assets, complying with industry regulations, and maintaining customer relationships.
- Gain the skills to lead IT teams, develop department- and company-wide procedures, and communicate the importance of cybersecurity to company managers and shareholders.
To achieve these outcomes, a 36 credit-hour curriculum covers:
- data analytics in the context of business functions, with emphasis given to statistical concepts and visualizations;
- organizational behavior theories from individual to company levels for a stronger understanding of how to motivate teams, develop culture, and make high-level decisions;
- contemporary information technology trends in business, including in the context of support, budgeting, planning, and customer care;
- information service management for proposing and guiding IT projects;
- project management tools, software, and certification;
- security, with encryption, authentication, and other factors affecting data emphasized;
- advanced information systems knowledge, including forensics, operations security, programming, and cryptography;
- risk management tactics in relation to industry compliance;
- enterprise architecture and systems for integrating information technology with organizational processes;
- leadership, strategizing, ethics, and decision-making methods for IT professionals; and
- cybersecurity management, defense, and response techniques.
Meet the Program Director
Dr. Joe Feliciano, Master of Science in Information Technology
Dr. Joe Feliciano is the Program Director for the Master of Science in Information Technology and the Certificate in Cybersecurity. He received his doctorate from Pace University in New York. His master’s degree in Information Systems is from Long Island University, and his undergraduate work was completed at Hawaii Pacific University in Business Administration.
After leaving the U.S. Air Force in 1995, he began to work on Windows Servers, PCs, and Mainframe Systems for manufacturing, health care, and telecom organizations. He has taught IT management, computer networking, database, and cybersecurity courses since 2007.
5 Books Every MSIT Student Should Read
Ever wondered how you can improve your understanding of data and information systems? Look no further! We have curated 5 Books every Master of Science in Information Technology student should read.
How to Obtain in Demand Cybersecurity Skills
From intrusion detection to quantum computing, a variety of advanced skills should be developed to ensure success in the demanding field of cybersecurity. Here are some of those skills and how you can build them.
Faculty Spotlight: Joe Feliciano
Meet Dr. Joe Feliciano, mastermind and Program Director for ACU Online’s bachelor’s and master’s degree programs in Information Technology. Read more about how he thoughtfully designed these programs and his goals for training future tech professionals.
What You Need to Excel in the Information Technology Field
Interested in excelling in the IT sector? Here are the 6 tips you need to set yourself up for success.
What It Means to Be a Christian Business Leader
No matter what you do for a living, you’ve likely been challenged on the job. When you combine your faith and your work, you’ll have the strength to make it through. Read more about what it means to be a Christian business leader.
How to Earn Your Master’s Degree While Working Full Time
Wondering if you have what it takes to pursue a master’s degree while working full-time? It’s not easy, but it is doable with these seven tips.