Master of Divinity Equivalency
Complete this short form to learn more about our M.Div. – Equivalency program. ACU’s Office of Graduate Programs will reach out shortly to discuss your interests and answer your questions.
What To Expect
These are the important details you will need to keep in mind as you prepare your application and degree plan.
At ACU, our standard for evaluating M.Div. equivalency is our 72-hour M.Div. degree plan. We will review your graduate transcripts and determine which of the courses you have already taken will fit into the M.Div. equivalency plan, granting as many credits as possible.
Program length: varies
One month prior to starting semester
Research Sources: Graduates will have critical facility with the most important primary sources and issues of scholarly discussion in biblical studies, theology, or church history
Research Methods: Graduates will have ability to use the best current methods of research in one of the following disciplines: biblical studies, theology, or church history
Original Research: Graduates will demonstrate ability to produce scholarly contributions in their field of study
- A completed application and application fee
- An official transcript of all previous colleges attended. The transcript must indicate an earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university or equivalent.
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Two letters of recommendation (may be submitted through the online application)
- A reflective essay 3-5 pages typed, double spaced
- Complete an academic writing assessment