Williams Performing Arts Center
The 92,000-square-foot WPAC is one of the largest building on campus and one of the top performance venues among colleges and universities in the Southwest. It was part of the $100 million “To Lead and To Serve” campaign that raised more than $114 million for ACU. Designed to be the home of ACU’s departments of music and theatre, it includes:
Lewis and Jerry Fulks Theatre
The 325-seat Lewis and Jerry Fulks Theatre, a thrust-stage facility designed to the theatre department’s specifications with the help of acoustical and theatre consultants.
Clara and James Culp Theatre
The Clara and James Culp Theatre is a multi-form facility designed to allow multiple stage/audience configurations. The only physical restrictions for performances in this black box space are the location of the walls, ceiling, and floor.
Boone Family Theatre
The $9.5 million renovated Boone Family Theatre is a tremendous enhancement to the performing arts at ACU, providing an acoustically redesigned hall and state-of-the-art theatrical equipment that supports a variety of full-scale productions and brings the Homecoming Musical productions back to campus for the first time in almost 50 years. A matching grant of $1 million from the Mabee Foundation of Midland and generous donors have named the stage in honor of ACU Theatre musical theatre legend, the late Jeannette (Scruggs ’50) Lipford.
Established in 1929, Sewell Theatre on campus was the home of the ACU Dinner Theatre for many years. Sewell now functions as home base for scenic design and construction, as well as costumes and properties.
Abilene Convention Center
There is no better site for our annual Homecoming Musical than the Abilene Convention Center, a 2100-seat auditorium with modern fly, sound, and lighting systems.
Additional Features of the Williams Performing Arts Center
- A 282-seat Recital Hall that is acoustically “tuneable” to accommodate the performing artist(s) and number of patrons.
- Spacious, modern dressing rooms and laundry rooms
- Large instrument and choral rehearsal halls
- A computer lab featuring Macs, PCs, and 16 electronic pianos
- Forty-four acoustically treated practice rooms and faculty studios
- Faculty offices and meeting rooms
- State-of-the-art classrooms
- Choral and band libraries
- A box office, courtyard and sculpture garden