Annual Block Tuition
At most schools, block tuition allows students to take 12-18 hours of credits each long semester (fall and spring) for the same price. ACU’s annual block tuition plan allows students to take up to 36 hours across the entire year for one price.
The price includes all required student fees (academic enrichment and technology, academic services, healthcare, public safety, and student activity and recreation). Block tuition does not include room and board or course-specific and individual (parking, mailbox, etc.) fees.
Block tuition allows full-time students to shuffle 36 credits worth of courses between the fall, spring and summer semesters – this includes for-credit summer internships and study-abroad opportunities. This model also allows students to complete their degree requirements sooner. Graduating in less than four years can significantly reduce the overall cost of education and get you into the workforce sooner.
The block-tuition pricing model can save students up to $9,000. For instance, students no longer have to pay extra should they wish to take a summer course, or take more than 18 credits one particular semester; it’s already included. By taking more credits per semester, students can graduate early.
Graduate in Four Years or Less
Annual block tuition provides financial incentive for students to graduate with a bachelor’s degree in four years or less.
- Because students can take more hours at no additional cost, they finish their degree faster and at significant savings.
- ACU’s plan allows students to take up to 36 hours during the fall, spring and summer semesters, including short courses, internships, online and residential summer classes and Study Abroad. Any hours taken above 36 are billed at half the hourly tuition rate.
- Entering the marketplace earlier allows students to begin their career sooner, providing them advantage over their peers.
- Finishing a bachelor’s degree early allows students a head start on graduate studies.
- ACU plans to increase the offering of graduate programs that allow students to earn a bachelor’s and master’s degree in five years or less.
Tuition, Fees and Room and Board
- Tuition and Fees: $42,380 (Covers 24-36 hours for fall, spring and summer courses. Some optional fees are not included.)
- Housing and Food: $12,900* (Housing and food rates vary by selection.)
2023-24 Total Estimated Cost: $55,280
Estimate Your Costs
Before you receive a financial aid package, you can complete our net price calculator for a preliminary estimate of your:
- ACU tuition and fees
- ACU aid, grants and scholarships
- Federal and state grants
- Federal subsidized and unsubsidized loans
Completing the FAFSA
The bottom-line cost of an education at any college is probably more than you’re accustomed to paying for most things – aside from maybe a car or a house – and it requires you to plan responsibly.
All students, regardless of family income, are eligible to receive some type of student aid provided they have not been in default on student loans, are at least half-time, and attend a college that participates in the Federal Student Aid program. Applications for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) open each year online beginning October 1.