Transfer to ACU
The staff of the ACU Transfer Office do all they can to ensure you have as smooth of a transition into ACU as possible. Our online portal allows you to take an early look at which courses transfer as you establish your degree plan. Our transfer application is free and there is no essay requirement to it. We’re interested in clearing your path to success so that you can focus on rising to new opportunities.
Funding Your Future
ACU extends generous scholarship and grant packages to offer an affordable education to our students. Many awards are merit based, but we also consider financial need, community involvement and student leadership.
Begin Your Journey
Talk Transferring with Ashley
Ashley Bennett is our in-house expert to answer all your questions about transferring to Abilene Christian University, help you explore the opportunities that make ACU a great fit for reaching your goals and ease your transition into a new environment.
Making ACU Her Own
ACU was always on Cameryn’s college radar, but when it came time to choose, she joined her best friend at another university. After one semester, Cameryn began the transfer to ACU.
“I knew ACU was the right fit. My scholarships were still available, my classes were easy to transfer and the professors were so set on my success coming in. I had a friend group within a few weeks of being here, and I’m still getting plugged in.”
You Belong Here
We have the degree you need to move toward your goals and the college experience you’re looking for. Whether you just began your search for a new college home or you’ve had your eye on ACU for some time, we’re ready for you. No application fees and no essays.
Admissions Process for Transfer Students
If you’re eager to complete your admissions process, you’re not alone—we’re excited too! With a few simple steps, you’ll be well on your way to joining our confident community of leaders and learners:
- Apply using the online transfer application.
- Submit transcript(s)
- If you have completed more than 24 transferable hours, please submit all college transcripts.
- If you have completed fewer than 24 transferable hours, submit all college transcripts along with your high school transcript/GED diploma and ACT/SAT/CLT scores (ACT school code: 4050; SAT school code: 6001).
- If you are a first-year student applying for a spring semester transfer, you may submit an unofficial grade report with your transfer application. However, you must submit an official transcript from your completed semester before the first day of class.
- Once you receive your admission letter, log in to your application portal to pay your enrollment deposit.
See What’s Waiting for You
With over 164 areas of study across 79 majors, exploring your academic options at ACU is an exciting first step. To discover the abundant possibilities through ACU, watch ACU-at-a-Glance for a quick peek at our various opportunities.
Transfer Admissions Events
Are you ready to imagine how transferring to ACU will change your future? Join us for a Transfer Admissions Event or Q&A Session to gain valuable advice and insight into how ACU’s faculty and staff support your personal and professional growth while finishing your degree.