What are the ACT and SAT?
- ACT: American College Test. More information at https://www.act.org.
- SAT: Scholastic Assessment Test. More information at https://www.collegeboard.com.
Who needs to take the new ACT or SAT I?
- All applicants for ACU’s freshman class will be required to submit results from one of these two tests. You may submit scores from both if you choose.
Does ACU prefer the ACT or SAT I?
- No preference. Results from either the SAT I or the ACT (or both) can be submitted to ACU as part of an applicant’s records.
Can I get a scholarship by taking the ACT or SAT?
- Yes! Learn More
If I choose to take the new ACT, does ACU require the optional writing portion?
- ACU recommends that each student take the optional writing portion of the new ACT; however, it is not required for admission.
What ACT score do I need to earn college credit for classes?
- Anyone scoring 32 or higher on the English portion of the ACT will be granted credit for ENGL 111.
- Anyone scoring 29-31 is eligible to write the ACU English Essay.
Note: Students retaking the ACT in order to be eligible for a higher scholarship must do so before the first day of classes. Students who have taken the Residual ACT must wait 60 days before they are eligible to retake the test.
What SAT score do I need to get college credit for classes?
- SAT I: Credit will be given in ENGL 111 for a Critical Reading (formerly known as Verbal) score of 750 or higher.
- SAT I: Anyone with a Critical Reading score of 710-740 will be eligible to write the ACU English Essay.
- SAT II: Credit will be given in ENGL 111 for a Writing score of 750 or higher.
- SAT II: Anyone with a Critical Reading score of 710-740 will be eligible to write the ACU English Essay.
Does ACU require results from SAT II exams?
- No. Students need only take the SAT I or ACT to be considered for admission and placement at ACU.
Will ACU receive my test scores automatically?
- No. Students must request that scores be sent officially to ACU.
- ACU’s SAT I Code is 6001.
- ACU’s ACT Code is 4050.