Students of chemistry and biochemistry at ACU have extensive opportunities to participate in research on campus, off campus, and in internships around the country. Below are a few examples of the experiences gained by our students:
On-campus research opportunities
- Robert A. Welch Foundation Undergraduate Program (academic year)
- Welch Summer Research Institute (eight-week program)
Off-campus research opportunities
Our students participate in summer research programs at various universities including Texas Tech University, Texas A&M University, Rochester Institute of Technology, University of Virginia, University of Kansas, Oklahoma State University and University of Texas at Arlington.
- Dow Chemical Company
- Stepan Chemical Company
- Sandia National Laboratories
Other opportunities within the department
- Laboratory teaching assistantships
- Research scholarships
- ACU Chemistry Club and Chemistry Circus
- Annual field trips – usually taken in the spring, these field trips have included Dow Chemical Company, Fort Worth Crime Lab, Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant, and the American Chemical Society national meeting.
- Pre-Health – elite cohort and mentorship
For more information about any of these opportunities, email department chair Autumn Sutherlin.