A bachelor’s degree in Communication and Speech Disorders
Completion of a leveling program prior to beginning the graduate program
Complete the online application through the Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application Service (CSDCAS)
Pay the $65 application fee to ACU
Gather and submit documentation
- Official transcript(s)
- In English (or translated to English) of all previous colleges attended. The transcript must indicate an earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university or equivalent
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- The GRE is optional for this admissions cycle. If a student is taking the GRE and chooses to submit the score to ACU, the necessary ETS code for reporting to ACU is 1778. GRE scores submitted to CSDCAS prior to the opening of the application cycle will be saved and then uploaded to your application.
- Three letters of recommendation
- At least two of the recommendations must come from professors/faculty in the field and relate to the applicant’s potential academic success.
- Applicants who have worked in a full-time capacity may utilize their supervisor for one of these recommendations.
- A current résumé that includes information regarding
- College education and activities to date
- Employment to date
- Community/church involvement.
- High school activities should not be included
Complete a 300-500 word personal essay (prompt in the CSDCAS application)
- A two-year commitment is required.
- All application materials must be received by the preceding January 15 for the fall semester.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- When all the required materials are assembled, the application will be reviewed by the CSD faculty.
- A personal interview may be required. If an interview is requested, additional information as to the nature of the interview will be provided at that time.
The Communication Sciences and Disorders Admissions Committee makes holistic judgments based on the evaluation of an applicant’s ability and readiness for graduate work. In conjunction with the Graduate School, the committee may recommend conditional admission for an applicant who does not meet all admission criteria.
The faculty has adopted essential-skills and functions for students. These are mandatory for completion of the training program.
Please note: International students can apply to the Abilene campus only and are not considered for admission to the Dallas campus.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.