In an effort to connect the creativity of our students and faculty to information, tools, and expertise, we provide access to higher quality information, technology and resources so that ACU students receive one of the best academic library experiences available today. Brown Library provides learning environments that support individual and group study with furnishings and resources that support both comfortable collaborations and focused productivity.
While many of our rooms and spaces are open to the public, Brown Library reserves the right to determine the use of space and restrictions that are necessary to support its mission.
- The Reading Commons is available for academic and literary events, including films related to literature and documentaries.
- Academic needs take precedence over other requests.
- Events held in the Reading Commons should be sponsored or hosted by ACU academic departments. Events hosted by student organizations may be approved by the library dean in rare circumstances.
- External groups may not use library spaces for commercial, selling, or advertising purposes.
- Approval for room use is based on the size and capacity of the space and rooms, the equipment available, and the purpose for which the room is requested.
- Library spaces should not be used for sorority or fraternity events or campaigning for student officer positions.
- The use of spaces and rooms is limited to normal library hours of operation.
- Food and drinks are permitted in the building, provided all spills and excessive food debris are reported immediately to the Dean’s Office.
- It is important to keep spaces and rooms clean and in good repair.
- No candles are allowed.
- No sitting, standing, or lying down on the tables.
- Please return furnishings to its original location prior to leaving.
- Trash should be placed in proper receptacles.