Characteristics of a Peer Leader
- Positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Demonstrated faith
- Positive communication skills
- Belief in the mission of ACU
- Demonstrated involvement at ACU
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to facilitate a small group
- Role model
- Takes initiative
- Complete the application and selection interview process.
- Complete the Peer Leader training sessions in the Spring 2022 semester.
- Return to campus before students arrive for the fall semester.
- Attend all training sessions throughout Wildcat Week.
- Assist with New Student Move-in.
- Serve as a leader of a Mentor Group during Wildcat Week.
- Attend all Cornerstone class meetings and activities.
- Promote and maintain morale in the Cornerstone class.
- Encourage class attendance and active participation.
- Teach and lead class discussions.
- Assist the instructor with routine duties and assignments.
- Attend Peer Leader meetings during the fall and spring semesters.
- Plan and facilitate an activity each month.
- Regularly meet with the instructor for class planning.
- Assist first-year students by serving in this peer mentoring role.
Beyond service learning, your training and experience through the various mentoring opportunities enable you to connect with students on a deeper level. Take the opportunity to pay-it-forward to the next wave of underclassmen and establish a solid networking environment with like-minded faculty and staff. There is a stipend available upon the performance of the expectations highlighted for Peer Leaders.