Are you ready for the challenge?
At ACU, you’ll receive broad-based education and experience in programming languages, problem solving, classical algorithms, project design and a variety of advanced computer science subjects. You’ll also develop critical thinking, leadership and communication skills that will help you grow in your career, whether you want to develop software or pursue advanced studies in the field.
Complete the form to learn more about earning a degree.
B.S. in Computer Science
These are the important details you will need to keep in mind as you prepare your application and degree plan.
University Hours: 56
Major Hours: 66
Total Required: 128 credit hours*
*Based on track selection
- Human Computer Interaction
- Design & Analysis of Algorithms
- Artificial Intelligence
- Mobile Computing
Information Technology and Computing
Early Application Deadline
Experiential learning brings the classroom to life through immersive, real-world opportunities. You will build your resume, learn about career opportunities, and learn critical skills for success in the marketplace. ACU’s College of Business and Technology offers diverse and relevant learning opportunities, including:
- Wildcat Software
- Learn firsthand what it is like to be a project manager or CEO of a busy software development firm. As a member of our student-run software company, you will gain skills and experience that will propel you into your career.
- ACM SIGCHI
- Interested in the study of human computer interaction? Join ACU’s SIGCHI chapter to learn more about making usable technology and conduct research in this field.
- Research fellowships
- A great way to prepare for graduate school is to become involved in research during your undergraduate years. Because of the smaller size of our programs and our emphasis on undergraduate education, our students are able to work on research side by side with their professors. This not only allows for students to have a job on campus, but also obtain research experience prior to their graduate school years. If you would like more information on available SITC Research Fellows positions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Springboard Ideas Challenge
- If you are interested in starting your own business, or making your software idea a successful business venture, participating in the Springboard Ideas Challenge is a great place to start.
Opportunities & Outcomes
As a computer science student, you will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of hands-on learning experiences, such as joining our programming team or working for our student-run software company on real-world projects.
Our program can help you develop your problem-solving skills in both practical and theoretical areas, providing a springboard into dynamic career opportunities. The undergraduate Computer Science – Computing Theory program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET.
What can you do after graduation?
- Software engineering
- Security and analysis
- Research and computational theory
- Data mining
- Solutions development
ACU’s College of Business Administration educates business and technology professionals for Christian service and leadership throughout the world. The college offers AACSB- and ABET-accredited programs, including nine undergraduate business and technology majors, four minors, a Master of Accountancy, and two online graduate programs (an MBA and a Master of Science in Management). The college includes two centers (Griggs Center for Entrepreneurship and Philanthropy and Lytle Center for Faith and Leadership) and three academic units (Accounting and Finance Department, Management Sciences Department, and School of Information Technology and Computing), in addition to our partnership with ACU Dallas to deliver online business education.
ACU’s School of Information Technology and Computing (SITC) delivers a high-quality undergraduate education in order to prepare students to have the necessary skills to become the next software engineers, computer scientists, game designers, security analysts and more.