CSD students can volunteer through a number of community organizations such as:
- University Place Assisted Living
- Rose Park Senior Center
- King David’s Kids – a support group for children and families with autism
- Wildcat Kids
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Meals on Wheels
- Hendrick Medical Center – Hippotherapy (horse assisted therapy)
Get involved with a variety of special events that will help you network with professionals in the field and give you a broader view of the opportunities available to you.
- Attend the Texas Speech-Language-Hearing Association (TSHA) annual convention
- Service projects – such as fundraising for Smile Train – a non-profit organization supporting cleft palate surgeries and supplies.
Learn more about the professional organizations open to CSD student participation at the buttons below.