M.T.S. in Modern
& American Christianity
Complete this short form to learn more about our M.T.S. in Modern & American Christianity program. ACU’s Office of Graduate Programs will reach out shortly to discuss your interests and answer your questions.
What To Expect
These are the important details you will need to keep in mind as you prepare your application and degree plan.
You will have the opportunity to dive into research projects with guidance from experienced historians, and perhaps even present your findings at meetings of regional and national scholarly societies, as well as submit materials for publication.
This M.T.S. in Modern and American Christianity program also is solid preparation for those interested in pursuing a Ph.D.
Program length: 2 years
Credit hours: 48
2023/2024 tuition per credit hour: $779
Issues in Global Christianity
History of Christianity in America
Advanced Restoration History
Fall Priority: April 24
Fall Standard: August 10
Summer & Spring: Please contact ACU’s Graduate School of Theology (email@example.com or 325-674-3735)
Frequently Asked Questions
Graduates will have critical facility with the most important primary sources and issues of scholarly discussion in biblical studies, theology, or church history.
Graduates will have ability to use the best current methods of research in one of the following disciplines: biblical studies, theology, or church history.
Graduates will demonstrate ability to produce scholarly contributions in their field of study.
- A completed application and application fee;
- An official transcript of all previous colleges attended. The transcript must indicate an earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university or equivalent.
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale;
- Two letters of recommendation (may be submitted through the online application);
- A reflective essay (purpose statement) 3-5 pages typed, double-spaced (see guidelines here),
- Complete an academic writing assessment