Main Content

Academic Advising - Frequently Asked Questions

Your advising release code is an access code that allows you to register for classes on Banner Web. You must get your advising release code from your academic advisor. All Freshmen and Sophomores are required to meet with their advisor before receiving their release code.

No, the advising release code changes every registration period. This encourages communication between advisors and students, for the purpose of consistent tracking of the students’ degree plans in order to keep them on track for graduation.

Verify your advising release code with your advisor.

Meet with your current advisor and complete a “Change of Program” form. Your advisor is located in Wildcat Central, in the McGlothlin Campus Center. Your current and new advisor will need to sign the form.

Students’ advisors are assigned by major. Click here to find the advisor for your major. Advisors are experts in specific major degree plans and work diligently to ensure a student is on the best path to degree completion. Your advisor is here to support you throughout your entire ACU journey. Life will happen, and your advisor will walk along side you during tough times and celebrate with you in good times. Your advisor is your advocate and they want you to be a successful college student and alumni.

Degree plans for each major are available in the catalog of the year you entered ACU and on the web: Degree Requirements. To ensure that all graduation requirements are completed in sequence and on time, you need to meet with your academic advisor each semester before the registration period.

Meet with your Academic Advisor!

The year you entered ACU.

Reach out to Team55 or the Help Desk.

Call: 325-674-5555