To submit an ID photo, you will need the following: a mobile device (smart phone or tablet) or a computer with a web cam, a light-colored solid background, a photo-ID to verify your identity (driver’s license or passport), and your MyACU log-in credentials.
You can submit your ID pic by:
- Uploading a photo from your computer.
- Taking a photo with your webcam or mobile device.
Your ID pic must follow these guidelines:
- Be of you and only you. No friends or floating heads, please.
- You must face the camera and look straight ahead.
- No sunglasses, hats, or any other garments/accessories that block your face.
- Be centered on your face. No body shots.
- Have a light, neutral-colored background.
- Be a colored photo without red eye or reflection. No black and white pics.
- Must not be wearing anything with inappropriate content.
- Please smile.
- Only one pending submission is allowed at a time. You can replace a pending submission with a new submission and your previous photo will be removed.
BAD PHOTO SUBMISSION EXAMPLES
GOOD PHOTO SUBMISSION EXAMPLES
How to Upload Your ACU ID Photo
- On your computer or mobile device, go to acu.edu/myid.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Click to Get Started. (You may be prompted to log into myACU).
- Once logged in, you will see your current ID photo or a blank photo.
- If you are directed to the Account Balances page displaying your Bean Bucks and other balances, you can click on Submit ID Photo on the left-hand side of the page to get redirected.
- If you are on a mobile device, you may be directed to a menu where you can select Balance, ID Photo, Settings and other icons. Select the ID Photo icon.
- Under Upload a New Photo, click on the link below that says Upload Photo. Select a photo from your photo library, take a photo or browse your files.
- After selecting a photo, you will be instructed to crop (if needed) and confirm before uploading.
- Next, you’ll need to upload proof of identification. Examples include your driver’s license, passport or any other government-issued photo ID. Under Upload Identification, click Upload ID and choose an image from your photo library, take a photo, or select from an electronic file.
- You will have to crop (if needed) and confirm before uploading.
- Once your ID photo and a picture of a government-issued photo ID have been uploaded, it may take up to 24 hours to be approved.
- To check on the status of your photo, select view your pictures under Upload a New Photo (or View Other Photos if on mobile) and select Pending from the drop-down menu.
- If your photo is rejected, the reason will be shown. If a reason is not shown, make sure you have uploaded a photo of a government-issued ID, then upload your photo again.
FAQs and Common Problems
1. My picture is upside down or sideways.
Try orienting your device differently when you snap your picture; generally, the camera part of your device needs to be on your right to work correctly. If that doesn’t work, you can send your picture to your computer (via e-mail, Bluetooth, or direct connection cable) and try the submission again.
2. How do I know if my picture was accepted or rejected?
It will take us 24 hours to review your submitted photo. You can return to the myID site and view the status of your submission at any time.