- The Spiritual Formation Exemption online form must be completed.
- Students requesting an exemption must submit a new Exemption Request each semester.
- In order to receive the full number of exemptions, the exemption must be processed within the first two weeks of any semester, or within two weeks from the start date of any reason given for the exemption. (See qualifiable exemptions.) Students must submit the required documentation/evidence of the reason for the exemption; e.g., a letter from the new employer on company letterhead, doctor’s note, etc.
- Failure to submit an exemption request by the appropriate deadline may result in a student’s failure to earn enough credits for the semester.
- Exemption requests received after the first two weeks of the semester will be prorated (to a reduced number of credits) if they are approved.
- A student who is approved for a 5 day-per-week exemption will still be required to earn 50 (equivalent to 5 chapel credits) spiritual formation points.
- Students have a job (on or off campus) that prohibits them from attending chapel during the 11 o’clock hour.
- Students are volunteering (on or off campus) that prohibits them from attending chapel during the 11 o’clock hour.
- Students have a doctor’s or therapist’s note excusing them from chapel requirements based on mental/physical/emotional health.