Main Content

Reporting an Animal Welfare Concern

If you have reason to suspect that any research personnel is violating the Animal Welfare Act/Animal Welfare Regulations, or any other standard ethical guidelines related to animal research, you may report these concerns to the ORSP/IACUC Office. Any persons with concerns regarding animal welfare may bring these concerns in writing or in person to the IACUC Chair. Matters that cannot be resolved by a simple conversation are brought to the full committee for discussion and resolution. Concerns may be reported anonymously, and there will be no repercussions for personnel reporting policy violations. Whistleblower protections are posted in the Employee Handbook (421).

If you need to report an animal welfare concern, please complete the form below. You may email this form to or to the IACUC Chair directly at You may also hand deliver this form to the ORSP Office in 320 Hardin Administration Bldg. You may send the form anonymously through campus mail to ACU Box 29103 c/o Megan Roth. Finally, you may place an anonymous phone call to the ORSP Office at 674-2885.


Reporting Welfare Concern Animals