TRIO SSS at ACU
TRIO Student Support Services (TRIO SSS) is a federally funded grant program that supports historically disadvantaged student populations on our campus.
We provide academic assistance, advocacy and individual support to eligible undergraduate students. Our TRIO Scholars work with staff and peer mentors to identify individual goals and the academic success strategies they need to accomplish them.
TRIO SSS is a supportive and inclusive environment that fosters the holistic development of each scholar. Our students establish a supportive community early in their journey at ACU through intentional opportunities to connect with other students who share similar goals and backgrounds.
Discover TRIO SSS
Learn more about the many services we offer at no cost to our students and if you might qualify to join us as a TRIO Scholar.
TRIO Student Services
- First Year Experience: Freshmen are paired with a student ambassador who helps you transition to college and navigate the student experience.
- Academic Coaching: Understand your learning style, build study skills and enhance your test-taking abilities.
- Financial Coaching: Assistance building financial life skills, applying for the Free Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA) and exclusive SSS scholarship opportunities.
- Cultural and Social Activities
- Career and Graduate School Planning: Academic mentorship for graduate school preparation and tours, career development assistance and resume building.
To be a TRIO SSS Scholar, an enrolled student must be a U.S. citizen (or eligible noncitizen) in need of academic support. Additionally, the U.S. Department of Education requires scholars to meet one or more of the following conditions:
- First-generation college student – neither parent has completed a four-year college degree
- Income eligible (view complete guidelines)
- Documented disability