How to Get Started
What steps do I take to audition for the ACU Theatre?
- Step 1: Contact Abilene Christian University Admissions here.
- Step 2: Apply to ACU here.
- Step 3: Apply to the ACU Theatre by uploading audition or interview materials to Acceptd. More information on the ACU Theatre program is also on Acceptd and our website.
- Step 4: After an invitation from the department is extended, arrange for an audition or interview.
- Step 5: Audition or interview on campus.
- November 18th, 2022: In Person
- December 2nd, 2022: Online
- February 17th, 2023: In Person
Contact us at:
What can I study at ACU Theatre?
Areas of study include the following tracks: Acting, Directing, Musical Theatre, Dance, Design/Technical, Theatre Ministry or Theatre Education.
What kind of opportunities will I have?
A typical ACU season consists of five or more productions including a large scale musical, classical productions, a Cornerstone production, student-directed works and a summer Shakespeare Festival. Students have opportunities to act, sing, dance and direct; to design costumes, sets, lights, makeup and hair; to stage manage, dramaturge, engage in stage combat and dialect work, and more!
Can I really make a living in theatre?
Absolutely! See examples of alumni who have done just that.
Why should I choose ACU Theatre?
Other universities might offer this kind of quality. But what makes ACU unique is the added dimension of the Christian worldview that defines our work as artists. At ACU Theatre you will find a group of believers who are dedicated to exploring the issues of faith and art.
If you are searching for a place to experience quality theatre, prepare yourself for a life work, and work alongside other believer-artists, ACU could very well be the school for you!