Perform in at least two of the following categories:
- A solo from the UIL list
- An art song from the Baroque, Classic or Romantic era in a foreign language
- A contemporary art song in English
- An aria from an operetta, oratorio, or opera, in either the original language or a translation
Voice major auditions also consist of sight-reading and an interview with the faculty. An accompanist is provided for all voice major auditions.
Choral Non-Major Scholarships
- Perform one solo in English or a foreign language (typically a solo from the UIL list)
- Students may sing a hymn such as “Amazing Grace”
Non-major choral scholarship auditions also consist of sight-reading and an interview with the faculty. An accompanist is provided for all auditions.
Scholarship Awarding Criteria
We recommend that you choose audition material that best represents your abilities. Criteria for awarding scholarships are:
- Demonstrated performance skill and musicianship
- Needs within the department
- Available funds
To submit a video audition:
Fill out the Video Audition Form completely, including a link (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) to your video.