Michael Perkins ('95) | Information Technology & Computing
Senior client services manager
for Imagine Solutions,
in Dallas, Texas
Michael Perkins ('95) says Abilene Christian University was an ideal blend of the academic and spiritual. "The preparation ACU gave me to succeed in IT went far beyond the curriculum. Professors became actively involved in my life and impacted my character," he says. "These are the things that taught me how to show the love of God while succeeding in corporate America."
After graduation, Perkins achieved his first management position at Alcatel during the "dot com" boom cycle. He then became the chief information officer for a $600 million subsidiary of Halifax Bank in Scotland. Today, he works as senior client services manager for Imagine Solutions, a consulting firm in Dallas, Texas, where he uses his IT leadership experience to manage the collaboration of sales, marketing and professional services groups.
"I passionately believe that ACU uniquely prepared me for these opportunities. The value of the ACU experience wasn't from facts and data that were memorized," says Perkins. "I was taught how to think about business in an effective way. Whatever situations I have faced, the principles I learned have helped me to make good choices and to lead effectively."
Perkins is learning even more about leadership practices and management while finishing an executive M.B.A. in project management from the University of Texas at Dallas.
- Kayla Holcomb ('17) | Computer Science
- Nigel Bosch ('12) Computer Science
- Jason Huang ('12) Information Systems
- Kendall Lundschen ('11) Information Technology
- Brittany Kight ('11) Information Technology
- Amanda Greenlee ('13) Computer Science
- Darrien Grays ('09) Information Technology
- Graeme Williams ('13) Digital Entertainment & Technology
- Asa Kusuma ('12) Computer Science
- Dakota Cooper ('12) Information Systems
- Rich Tanner ('10) Information Technology
- Topher Fangio ('06) Information Technology
- Randy Beaird ('10) Information Technology
- Jace Miller ('06) Raytheon Company
- Lori Francis ('85) PepsiCo
- Joseph Quigley ('13) Computer Science
- Michael Perkins ('95) Imagine Solutions
- Tsunami Hernandez ('12) Information Systems
- Dr. John Homer Computer Science
- Chad Hutchins ('08) Computer Science
- Pamela Chance ('85) SAP Software
- Patrick Luberus ('14) Information Technology